Vu Mai Tram has participated in various sectors, especially focus on corporate practices, M&A and banking. She has advised foreign and Vietnamese investors on the sale of shares in listed and unlisted companies and many foreign and Vietnamese banks on financing and security transactions in Vietnam. Tram’s clients include top Vietnamese corporates, banks and private equity firms.
University of Economics of Ho Chi Minh City, Master of Economics (2012)
University of Economics and Law, LL.B. (2008)
Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association
Banking and Finance
- Advised PVGas as borrower counsel on the US$133 million financing by a syndicate of onshore and offshore lenders led by the Standard Chartered Bank; and
- Advised foreign banks such as HSBC, Standard Chartered Bank, Citibank, Credit Suisse, Maybank, and Deutsche Bank on syndication facilities, derivatives, equity swaps, lending, trade financing, mortgages, pledges and guarantees.
- Advised JCB, an international payment brand of Japan, on various legal and regulatory matters and issues relating to the establishment, development and promotion of JCB’s card business in Vietnam.
- Represented PetroVietnam Gas Corporation (PVGas) as seller on the proposed strategic sale in PVGas (as part of the equitization of PVGas) to foreign investors;
- Advised Central Group on acquisition of chain of retail outlets in Vietnam under brand name of Big C and C-Express;
- Advised Central Group on acquisition of a commercial website under brand name of Zalora;
- Advised VietCapital on the sale of a majority stake in Tan Tien Plastic Packaging and Minh Viet Packaging to Dongwon Systems Corporation;
- Advised Fullerton Fund Management on the sale of a major stake in Hau Giang Pharmaceutical JSC (DHG) to Taisho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd;
- Advised Vinacapital Vietnam Opportunity Fund Limited on the sale of a major stake in Hau Giang Pharmaceutical JSC (DHG) to Taisho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd;
- Advised Vinacapital on its investment in Yeah1 Group and other companies in Vietnam;
- Advised Indochina Capital in its acquisition of several real estate projects;
- Advised Gaw Capital, a Hongkong private fund, on divestment of a real estate project;
- Advised An Gia Real Estate Investment and Development Corporation on the strategic sale to Creed Investment Pte. Ltd;
- Advised Dream Incubator Vietnam Joint Stock Company on investment in Le & Associates, a company engaging in HR services and labour outsourcing services;
- Advised Vietnam Oman Fund (VOI) on its investments in a number of companies in Vietnam;
- Advised TAEL Two Partners Ltd. on its investments in a number of companies in Vietnam;
- Advised Excelsior Oak Limited on investment in TEKCOM Corporation; and
- Conducted legal due diligence in respect of a number of Vietnam-based target companies such as Ho Chi Minh City Infrastructure Investment Joint Stock Company (CII), CII Bridge and Road Investment Joint Stock Company, Big C and C-Express and Zalora.